Brennan Devlin

• The Four Course Meal of Sex Appeal.
    • View Profile
"Parliament of Devlin." [#1]
« on: November 26, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
    • Things hadn't gone according to plan.

Though in this business did they ever? Plans never really worked out as well as we might want them to. He had Zack Fantana on the ropes but through the skin of his teeth, through the sheer power of will, Zack had overcome. Brennan was a big enough man to give credit where credit was due, the man had won a battle. The war still had a great big 'TBD' plastered by it, to be determined as it were. But he was right back at it, hitting the road once more just a month after the event of his loss and he was set to take on two individuals, one of whom had picked a fight with him in the past over his views. Oh, this would certainly be interesting..

First – we continue right where we left off..

SKINNY PETE:
      “God damnit.. Ramon, not Ramona. RAMON IS DEAD!”

He typed it into the phone and texted it out when he was immediately surrounded by the peculiar men in masks that seemed to be flanking the Face of Wrestling as of late. Pete had a bag placed over his head and was dragged off into the dead of night. Had he revealed one too many secrets? Was Ramona or Ramon dead? Was there even a difference?!

Elsewhere, Devlin and his crew were on their plane ride back from the Bobby Franchise Center for Stupid Youth's or whatever it was called. Devlin would rather forget about that trash heap than think about it further. Most everyone on the plane was asleep, except for Freight Train whose face happened to be illuminated by his cell phone.

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “Vontavio.. Psst.”

He sat in first class alongside Vontavio who was asleep, wearing a pink blindfold as he slowly removed it.

VONTAVIO:
      “What Fartrell?”

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “I've kept this quiet but.. you know how Brennan's been acting odd?”

VONTAVIO:
      “He's always odd.”

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “Yeah but I got these texts from Pete.. he said he found a dead body, then said Ramona... or Ramon, he sent two or three, one of them is dead.”

VONTAVIO:
      “... That's odd but, Petey wouldn't just say that... then again, maybe it's an error. Did you text him back?”

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “Yeah... no answer.”

Nearby, Brennan napped in his seat when they both looked shocked at his movement. They then continued their whispers.

VONTAVIO:
      “We'll check on him when we get back to the weird church thing.. Right now I've gotta go tinkle..”

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “Gross. I'll be here trying to get an answer..”

Train would say in a low tone 'pick up' as he repeatedly called his associate but there was no immediate answer. Vontavio passed by Devlin who seemingly napped, only for the camera to close in on his face and see his eyes wide open. He'd been listening to them this entire time, he knew they were onto him and now? Now he had to get a few steps ahead of them.

Back at the 'Altar' as it had been dubbed, Brennan had hurriedly gone to the basement where he knew Pete had been. Nothing there, not even the body that Pete had supposedly seen. He hadn't even been trying to hide his making a beeline there. Freight Train and Vontavio followed him down the stairs, giving him judgmental looks.

VONTAVIO:
      “What did you do to Ramona or Ramon, and Pete, you sexy hunk of a son of a bitch?!”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Huh? What do you mean?”

Devlin feigned innocence, even though it had been clear on the ride on the plane he knew exactly what they were going to be getting at. He had been listening, he had known this entire time and now, now they'd approached him, but in a way, he'd allowed himself to be confronted.

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “We got these texts that you killed one or both Ramon and Ramona, and they were from Pete. Now he's missing..”

Brennan feigned shock, not just at Pete being gone, but Ramona being murdered? He didn't care too much about Ramon, but Ramona, that was a completely different story.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “I'd never kill Ramona.”

VONTAVIO:
      “Ramon and Pete though?”

Okay now them, them he was less quick to react and respond. They were expendable, other than Ramon's bodacious tata's there weren't a lot of reasons to keep the man around, that was a fact he had accepted long ago.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Well yeah I'd kill them, I've thought of it many times and don't look in that closet over there titled 'scythe and other sharp weapons' closet but I didn't. I'd never kill Ramona.”

VONTAVIO:
      “How can we believe that?”

Devlin sighed at this distrust. He didn't remember killing Ramona, at least. She wasn't on his hit list or anything of the sort, in fact, she was the opposite. He'd never... would he? You know it's getting questionable when even your narrator questions your motivations but this guy sketchy as fuck.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Because I mean... I love Ramona... more than I love myself, that's why we got engaged forever ago.”

Surprising honesty from Brennan and even something no one had known. They were engaged? Unlike normal, Ramona and Brennan hadn't announced this to anyone but this seemed to be as great of a confirmation as any.

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “He'd never lie about that, he really likes himself.”

Train tried to pull Vontavio aside and whisper to him, having never heard Brennan state he loved anybody, much less loved anyone more than he did himself. This was kind of a big deal, even for someone as vile and despicable of a human as Brennan happened to be.

VONTAVIO:
      “Wait, what? You got engaged? Why didn't you tell me, or anyone?”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Because I'm not some trash wrestler that announces that and then ruins a charity fundraiser, Vontavio. But I swear, I didn't do this.”

Even in trying to not admit some sort of guilt, he still announced he hadn't killed or hurt anyone. Though this still didn't explain the peculiar actions, the strange attitude he had kept since they all reunited. In fact, this made it all the more worth questioning.

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “I'd believe that, but – the texts literally said the body was in this basement and you came straight here..”

Devlin blanked, someone had been here, that much was clear and he'd given himself away. He otherwise had no way of knowing there had been anyone here unless he'd done something, something in which he quickly realized.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “... Oh fuck.”

He dropped any tone that implied innocence, full on letting on that there was something going on here. Something that they were unaware of.

FREIGHT TRAIN:
      “I fucking knew it! The weird-ass church, the masked men, Ramon or Ramona being dead, the lack of Pete being here, you know what's going on here, don't you?!”

They had caught him, he knew they'd caught him and he wasn't sure what to say, or even how to talk his way out of this. This was odd because he'd made a career out of talking, but perhaps it was best just to be honest with them, to reveal the whole truth to them right now.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “You've got me.. It's time I explain exactly what's been going on. Follow me.”

Devlin leads the way as if he had been planning these moments, the big reveal, as it were. The big truth unveiled to them all about just what he had been up to in his time away and even more so, what had lead to this odd, quirky demeanor he'd been putting forth.

Eventually, Brennan lead them into the gathering hall at the church he'd taken over. Devlin had rushed in before them, only for them to follow in and strangely enough, the inside of the building had seemingly.. been reversed? The white walls were now black, it looked as if the whole place had been hit with an invert effect through photoshop and on the stage at the front of the church sat numerous shrouded figures but no Brennan in sight. Freight Train and Vontavio glanced on in confusion. Devlin himself walked inside, only to immediately speak.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “What the fuck..”

VONTAVIO:
      “You tell us! This is your fucking horror death church..”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “The fuck are you people and what are you doing on my property?”

Vontavio and Freight Train watched on in confusion as a masked gentleman stepped out from behind the podium, he wore a black mask, hood and walked with a cane with a nice little metal insignia on top of the letter 'b'.

'MASKED MAN':
      “Oh we've been here a very long time, Brennan.. in fact, you could say we're responsible for you coming here. We're even the little voice in your head that made sure you would end up using this place as your venue..”

Devlin couldn't understand how that would be, he had complete control of his own mind, didn't he? At the very least, he believed he did.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “That's bullshit and you know it. I bought this place because I knew I was going to come back and who the pink flamingo hell is 'we'?”

'MASKED MAN':
      “We've all been tampering with you from afar, making sure you grow.. That man you were a year ago? Two? More? It's not enough, you need to become what we all know you can be. As a result, we've given you a few proper nudges, taken out anything that we considered to 'hold you back'.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “What did you do with Ramona, and to a lesser extent Pete and Ramon?!”

'MASKED MAN':
      “They are perfectly fine, some more so than others. This is all about a lesson that we're here to teach you, Brennan.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Once again, I don't know who 'we' is..”

'MASKED MAN':
      “Allow me to introduce you then not just to the past, but to the future, and even to what may be possible one day...”

Slowly each section of the seven seats on the stage illuminated and Brennan couldn't believe what he was seeing. It was him! But it was Brennan Devlin during his time in ACE Wrestling as the 'Face of ACE', wearing an orange and blue t-shirt. The wrestler representing 'lust' as at that time, he had lusted for championship success.

FACE OF ACE
      “You know me, you were me, remember? The Face of ACE filling all the seats in the place, setting the pace..”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Yeah, someone took that pace thing and wasn't very creative.”

Brennan quipped as he glanced over and another seat was illuminated, this one, of course, representing 'Pride' as the Cornerstone of 4 Corners himself, Brennan Devlin appeared! The man who had once won the 4CW Pride Championship and Tag Team Championships, having had a rather successful run.

CORNERSTONE OF 4 CORNERS
      “It's been a while. I know what you're thinking, why am I here when I could be keeping that dumb bitch Aidan Carlisle off my Pride Championship and taunting Felicity Banks about how that win was because someone owns..”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Yeah I'm over that now, you will be too in like a week.”

CORNERSTONE OF 4 CORNERS
      “Oh I'm not mad, I'm laughing.”

Next, representing greed, was none other than the former Big Bad of Boardwalk, the Cock of the Boardwalk and many other nicknames. Brennan Devlin.

COCK OF THE BOARDWALK
      “I defeated Amy Jo Smyth for the James Avery Memorial Cup, then in like two weeks, I beat Darin Zion for the Atlantic City Championship.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “That last part isn't so significant anymore, he hasn't tried in forever but, okay yeah..”

Devlin was completely flabbergasted at seeing his former selves. Vontavio and Freight Train remained silent, fearfully looking on. Then another one appeared in the seat nearby, representing Sloth, and it was Brennan. But if he were a nineties 'The Crow' ripoff, complete with face paint and depressed looking expression.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Okay, I'm calling bullshit on that one, I've never been Scorpion James.”

CROW BRENNAN
      “I'm you in the reality where Ramona was horrifically murdered by rapists, then you came home and they murdered you. A crow landed on your grave, lightning hit it and you were reborn to take out your vengeance on the ill-prepared miscreants that did it.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Why would lightning hit a crow?”

CROW BRENNAN
      “I'M CROW BRENNAN SHUT THE FUCK UP GOD. I also shot Bryan Williams immediately upon my super powered transformation.”

The current Brennan Devlin nodded, shrugging at the response. At least he had done something cool. Next over and number five, representing Gluttony was a very tan Brennan Devlin who happened to be wearing a kings crown and Ramon's mustache.

KING OF MEXICO
      “Hola, realmente no sé español.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “It makes perfect sense, you're me after I wasn't paid for Manifest Destiny and renounced my American heritage, becoming Mexican..”

KING OF MEXICO
      “Enchilada burrito taco.”

They were running out of sins to name here as the next lit up and this incarnation of Devlin was from another world, clearly, wearing what seemed to be obviously fake sleeves of tattoos and dyed black hair. Something horrific had happened to Ramona and his envy of others not being alone and having loved ones, lead him to take on her personality.

UPFRONT DICK
      “In my world.. R... R... Ramona died and now I'm... I'm her... her essence is inside of me and now, now I'm Ramona and Brennan! HAHAHAHAH! I'll never be alone again, she's always here, inside of me.. We're going to make all of these dumb clown bitches and their dead juggababies, that's juggalo babies suffer! Oh hey guys it's thirsty Thursday and Heezus Sunday so..”

Okay, he was yanking down his pants and waving his dick around.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “... I have no words. Is that it? There's one more chair, seven chairs, so.. who's the last 'me'?”

'MASKED MAN'
      “You know the answer. You've seen my mask, I know about your new employees, you call them 'Faceless', right? Clever..”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “You mean you're..”

The man stood in front of Brennan, both of them similar in height, both of them looking at one another. The masked gentleman tilted his head to the side slowly, scanning Brennan before slowly moving his gloved hand up and removing his mask.. Devlin's own scarred visage staring back, the final piece of the puzzle revealed, this version of himself representing wrath.

'MASKED MAN'
      “Faceless? Yes, yes I am..”

Devlin had pictured the masked look as a clever thing in his head many times, the Face of Wrestling and his henchmen, the faceless. It made sense.. but this?

VONTAVIO
      “Freight Train.. I'm fucking scared, there's... there's no one there.”

FREIGHT TRAIN
      “Let's get the fuck out of here and call the police.”

'Faceless' Devlin slowly pulled his mask back on before taking his seat in the center, Wrath being the angriest of the group, and it seemed obvious as to why. He had been hurt, horribly and became this, this thing.

FACELESS DEVLIN
      “We mean no harm, we are simply here to illustrate a needed change in you, Brennan. The Parliament of Devlin gathers as you are in our prime timeline, we're here to see that you are on the correct path to becoming what you're destined to be..”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “... And what exactly is that? Like you?”

FACELESS DEVLIN
      “Perhaps, or perhaps like any variant of yourself from throughout the multiverse, for there are many.”

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “Listen – this is all well and good but I need to..”

FACELESS DEVLIN
      “Cut a promo? Oh don't worry, we'll do that through you and you will soon see exactly what we desire you to.”

A sinister chuckle escaped this dark, twisted version of Brennan Devlin as the video camera that Vontavio and Freight Train carried sat in the corner. A brief flash in the video clipping between a normal variant of the room, the white paint and so on, with Brennan speaking to nothing, and this backward world that seemed to exist on his property.

Then the video completely cut off.

A black room was seen as 'Faceless' Devlin sat in front of the camera. His legs crossed in the chair as he tilted his head to the side, hate-filled eyes glaring from beneath the mask. A muffled breathing could be heard through the mask.

FACELESS DEVLIN
      “I would like to begin by speaking to you, Angelica Vaughn. For this discussion, I'll be speaking of your dealings with Brennan Devlin as if I am the one and the same as the man you know. I have lived this moment in the course of history throughout my many lives, even witnessed it as a spectator.. When I first scribbled my name onto the line for my contract in Fight 2 Win, you immediately began not speaking, not question, but immediately asserting that I was a misogynist. You believed yourself to be correct in that assumption and you wished to fight for the female kind and at the time, I applauded you, even though I refused to say it.

My position, my disconnect from the situation allows me a form of clarity, but, I respected your ability to stand up for what you believe, no matter how incorrect you may have been.

Then, a month passed by, not another word, happy to let Zack Fantana fight your battle for you. You were elated to see the potential of having someone else to silence you in a fight that I have complete faith in, that you will not succeed in. As if a gun went off inside of my own cranium, I quickly began to snap from a quiet respect for you to a disgust. There happened to be a time when I silently comprehended your goals to prove yourself to simply not be a woman, but a wrestler. But quickly when a man stepped forward to fight the battle, you even more quickly became silent. Now, now all that's left is pain and suffering, Angelica.

In my future, in any and all that I have witnessed, you – Angelica, you - Cedric Greene.. You don't exist because, in this day, I fucking erase the both of you for daring to think you can challenge me! I see all timelines, I see all realities, and in every single one of them, the only one that thrives, the only one that manages to achieve a form of world peace is where Brennan Devlin rules on top of this industry and you will not, you will not harm his chances here.”

Bursting in, the orange-clad, blue sunglasses wearing Brennan appeared.

FACE OF ACE
      “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chill out there grumps, let me talk to this little lady and Cedric for a bit. Now Angelica, baby girl, honey. Are you lost? You've made a career out of hanging out in these girl power wrestling bullshit companies where a bunch of dykes are all mid dicking each other with their pinnacle of penile plastic, and hey, that's cool! To each their own, but, you kind of have a career where you've associated with people more likely to go down in the DM's, if you know what I'm saying... Do you still have DM's in the future? You should see this thing this hot chick Ramona sent me the other day, thinking about dumping Vixen for her..”

He asked the man next to him, the Cornerstone of 4 Corners himself.

CORNERSTONE OF 4 CORNERS
      “Oh we do and I did see that, it's fucking sweet. Anyway..

Ric Greene, I don't think we've had the opportunity to meet but man, you've done some good stuff for yourself. You had quite the showing against Cross Recoba and Kid Mega, you won even! You had Brad Stokes on the tip of your dick yelling how you were so badass, the crush was adorable, really. But this isn't a man who titles himself 'Kid' you're dealing with, You aren't dealing with a child, you are dealing with the fucking Face of Fight 2 Win.. Last week I received a stupid fucking shirt, this week, I get the very first victory in my journey to take Fight 2 Win over. Oh, and here's some edgy 4CW promo shit for you because in this era I did that.

See, in this business, people need a reputable, marketable face.. and people like you, well. You just don't make it that far in this business, boy.”

KING OF MEXICO
      “Si.”

Suddenly Mexican Brennan was shoved out of the way and the Upfront Dick, Ramona... or Brennan, or both appeared.

UPFRONT DICK
      “You might be a black guy Ric, but I bet you have the tiniest little pecker and don't you dare try to show it to me in DM's, nuh uh. I save that shit and post it everywhere. But really, don't be a titty baby when mama beats you both, mwah.”

Another variation of Brennan shoved 'her' out of the way.

FACE DEVLIN
      “Hey guys, I'm just here because nobody invited me and I wanna say, I wish the best of luck to my opponents, we're going to all give it our very best and you know what? We are going to give the people a show, we're going to make them all feel like they paid their money's worth and then some because, man it's the holidays. Everyone want's to see a show, right? God bless all of you, praise Jesus and Merry Christmas, Happy belated Thanksgiving and gosh. I just love each and every one of you, I'm going to go hug everyone watching, god. I'm just so filled with..”

A punch out of nowhere as Boardwalk Brennan appeared. It was about to get real.

COCK OF THE BOARDWALK
      “Who invited him? I don't even know why we're having a discussion right now, or why there is any doubt. Everyone in this match but Brennan Devlin has a win, they have a victory under their belts here in F2W.. I know what you're thinking, that this will impact my chances. Naaaaah. Under pressure, diamonds form and I'm going to shine so fucking bright I blind the shit out of all of my competitions. I am not here to take no for an answer, I'm not here to settle for second best, third best, or any other kind of best. You can spit your fucking vaughnom all you want, but my words are acid and I'm spitting them in all your faces.

You all started to forget, you all started to let go of the fact that it doesn't matter, not a bit, whether you're a man, a woman, a child, other.. the light at the end of the F2W tunnel, the thing that will make this company shine from the darkness that is this business.. A place where travesties like WWH still get airtime, a place where Angelica Vaughn and the Not So Cool Kids fraternize with their fellow 'female wrestlers' who are all busy railing each other with some fucking plastic... One man will make it shine brighter..”

CROW BRENNAN
      “One man is a beacon, an example of what you should aspire to be in professional wrestling.. even I, in my tortured existence recognize him as such. One name echoes throughout your mind, getting louder, louder until it becomes a scream that you can try to ignore but simply won't be able to as the volume liquefies your insides..”

FACELESS DEVLIN
      “That man is Brennan Devlin and you will feel his wrath, come Melee as Brennan ascends once again..”

Various voices echoing out.. 'He's been a Face..' 'A Cornerstone', 'A big bad', 'a Cock', 'a King'.. Brennan Devlin had been everything. The camera focusing back on Devlin himself as various versions of Devlin walked into the man himself, disappearing. All of these pieces contributing to a new whole, a newer, different Brennan Devlin.. Together, they provided one thing.

BRENNAN DEVLIN
      “I am the Foundation of Fight 2 Win, and while I'm holding this company on my shoulders? I'll ensure the world comes crashing down on every last one of you..”

Fade.